Soil Remediation & Non-Hazardous Waste Removal
RW Collins is the premier soil remediation company for clients throughout the Midwest. We’ve successfully completed thousands of contaminated soil cleanups across a wide variety of pollutants. Our highly experienced project managers, field crews, and industry-leading equipment fleet ensure that every contaminated site is cleaned up safely and to the highest client standards.
Contaminated soil or non-hazardous waste site locations include industrial facilities, power plants, service stations, trucking company terminals, hospitals, schools, office buildings, dry cleaners, brownfields, and more.
- Waste and soil remediation procedures include: excavation by OSHA HAZWOPER trained personnel, transportation by Licensed Special Waste Haulers, and disposal at EPA permitted and licensed facilities
- When on-site treatment is not feasible, impacted materials are loaded directly into tarped semi-dump trucks for off-site transportation and disposal
- All trucks are decontaminated to remove materials from the wheels and body of the vehicle before leaving the site
- We pump, store, and dispose of liquid waste on sites that involve both soil and groundwater contamination
- We use a foaming agent to suppress airborne odors when removing coal tar source material
- Waste disposal authorizations (waste profiles) for soil disposal are obtained at the appropriate facilities
- Waste and solid disposal manifests for hazardous or non-hazardous waste are prepared and tracked for all sites
- Full documentation of soil disposal is provided to clients upon completion of the project
Other contaminated soil remediation tasks include onsite stabilization of RCRA hazardous soil with elevated lead concentrations; solidifying, containerizing and disposing of PCM contaminated sludge; and offsite disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous soils.
RW Collins has successfully completed numerous remediations via in-situ mixing with excavation equipment and our growing fleet of specialty mixing attachments. In-situ remediation means treating the contamination in its original location, without removing the soil or groundwater from its location.
Contact Is Key To Reduction
Although in-situ remediation through injection is a viable and sometimes effective process, the soil treatment method preferred by many of our clients involves in-situ mixing with excavation equipment and specialty mixing attachments. Because the contaminated material is treated within the area of contamination (“in-situ”) prior to generation of a waste, this method is especially beneficial when addressing contamination levels in excess of hazardous waste standards.
When comparing in-situ mixing/treatment of soil to more traditional “hog and haul” methods of hazardous waste remediation, in-situ treatment may achieve three key objectives:
- In-situ mixing/treatment can significantly reduce the overall project costs
- Some in-situ mixing/treatment chemicals are fast-acting
- In-situ mixing/treatment can prevent the generation of hazardous waste
Contact us for project estimates and to learn more about our in-situ and contaminated soil remediation services.